We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Today, in the age of disposable diapers, the line between cause and effect is blurring for children. Even after removing the diapers and putting on the panties, the child is initially unaware that the fact of excretion is related to the subsequent moisture. The toddler has yet to understand this relationship ...
- Many modern experts recommend that you start learning how to potty at the earliest around the age of twowhen the child is physically and mentally ready for change. However, it is not worth sticking to these recommendations rigidly. The truth is that every mother should decide when she wants to blow up her own child: whether she starts sitting, walking smoothly, at the age of two or later. A lot depends also on the individual predispositions of the child himself.
- It is not worth starting learning when the child is sick just went to the nursery, the decision to move was made, a little sister or brother appeared at home. After such revolutions, you should wait at least a month, allowing time to get used to the new situation before you start learning how to potter.
- The success of learning to use the potty is also influenced our attitude. It is best to choose a time when we are in a good mood, we have time and mobilization to cope with the task. Otherwise, the child will sense our tension and it will be more difficult for him to focus on the purpose of learning. Some parents even take leave from work for this eventuality.
- More does not mean better - admonition at every turn and constant reminder of the potty is not a good solution. By doing so, we can achieve the opposite of the intended effect. What more sensitive children can be constantly worried that they will fail and block them from learning, losing faith in their own abilities
- It demonstrate on a doll or show yourself by going to the toilet with your child how to use this place.
- When we start active learning, praise for each achievement.
- Let's never embarrass a child let's not show our dissatisfactionwhen a toddler fails. The more we do not charge for dirtying underwear or bed. Let's clean and hug your toddler, ensuring that next time everything goes well.
- Negative emotions of the parent in response to the failure of the toddler can evoke extreme attitudes: the need to fight or escape. The consequence of which can be to avoid potty. Let us remember - we are unable to control the physiological needs of the child as parents. It is the toddler who must master this skill. We can only create good conditions for stripping.
- We accompany the child when using the potty. Each time, let's be with the toddler, it's best to sit next to it. Parental attention, presence and commitment are very important for the child. They may induce him to use the toilet more often and to dehumidify faster.
Let me understand
- Some children will give up diapers more easily when we start the dehumidification process by putting away disposable bags and switching to tetras diapers. This simple way allows the child to feel the effect of "peeing" and allows motivation to change diapers. From now on, learning is simpler. You can also leave your child in the panties in the summer, just to be able to observe and understand the physiological processes occurring in his body. Of course, choose a place where any mishaps will not be severe for us.
- It is important to do not show disgust at dirty diapersor soiled panties later. Why? As a result of our reaction, a child may be ashamed to tell us their physiological need. The learning process will take longer. For a toddler, both "pee" and "poop" are cognitive objects that arouse curiosity, not disgust.
- When the child sits on the potty and manages to arrange it, let's say what's going on and let out the sound "siii" "szz", thanks to which the toddler will be able to associate a specific melody with physiology. In the future, he will be able to empty the bladder when he hears a familiar sound.
- In learning to use the potty can help "Pissing" doll, on which we will present how the excretion process takes place.
- At first, instead of toilet paper, they work better wet wipesthat are used when scrolling. However, they have the disadvantage, unlike paper, that most of them are not recommended to dispose of in the toilet.
- You can also invest in books for children describing learning to potter.
- Diaper pants are best left for longer trips when you are afraid of mishaps or at night if the child no longer wants to wear diapers. At home, they are not worth using, because they are so absorbent that the toddler may not notice the difference between them and diapers. The learning process in this way can be dangerously prolonged.
- Let's choose when learning clothes with elastic waist or Velcro. Rather not with snaps, zippers, and certainly not with buttons. The toddler must be able to quickly take off and put on pants.
- Let's use every opportunity to learn how to put on and take off your underpants and shorts.